As we wrap up 2019 and begin planning for 2020, here are some technology trends for 2020, according to Gartner analyst and VP Rita Sallam:
- Augmented analytics – enables more people to gain insights from data;
- Augmented data management – by 2022, data management manual tasks will be reduced 45% with machine learning and automated-service-level management;
- NLP (natural language processing)/conversational analytics – by 2020, 50% of analytical queries will be automatically generated by search, NLP or voice;
- Graph – the application of graph processing and graph databases will grow 100% annually through 2022, enabling more complex and adaptive data science;
- Commercial AI/ML will dominate – there will be more commercial platforms rather than open source to manage artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques;
- Data storytelling and visualization – creating meaning from numbers to take action, by understanding the story that data are telling us.
For more insights and trends from Gartner: https://www.informationweek.com/big-data/ai-machine-learning/10-data-and-analytics-trends-for-2020/d/d-id/1336310