Associations Next: Gen Z In The Boardroom
In this episode, Ewald associate account executive Liz Anderson and Think LA board member Celine Chai, previously featured on BBC, join us to discuss what it means to be a Gen Z board member.
- Gen Z is resourceful. This generation grew up on computers, tablets, and more. They have access to lots of information and know exactly where to get it. This resourcefulness makes them flexible and capable.
- Some Gen Z members may not be confident. As Liz and Celine point out, many are fully capable of carrying out the tasks required for their role — but may be intimidated in the board room. Be an advocate and help them get their voice out there.
- Their perspective is valuable. As one of the most diverse groups to date, Gen Z is socially conscious and aware of what is happening in society. They also consume more media and generally have a heightened awareness of social issues.
- They aren’t kids anymore. As Celine mentioned, the public is beginning to shift their attitude towards Gen Z and recognize that they are now adults who can contribute to the mission of your organization.
- Gen Z is not a monolithic generation. We need to recognize that there are many niches within the group.